TIME MANAGEMENT TIPS TO HELP YOU SLEEP
ADHD symptoms can make it difficult to get enough sleep every night. Science Daily reports that about 75% of children and adults with ADHD also struggle with sleep problems. One of these problems can be the inability to manage time effectively and “time blindness”. The first step to a well-rested day is to make certain you or your child have the opportunity to get 7-9 hours of rest each night.
Here are 5 time management tips to help you get more Zzzzz’s:
- Schedule sleep as an activity on your digital calendar with a reminder alarm so you go to bed and wake up at the same time each day.
- Don’t let time get away from you with technology-based distractions. Install distraction blocking apps like Anti-Social and SelfControl and keep your smartphone or tablet out of the bedroom.
- Give yourself a 30-minute buffer before your actual bedtime to allow for sleep rituals and winding down.
- Take an afternoon power nap for just 20-30 minutes. Long naps can interfere with your nighttime sleeping while short naps can help you feel more refreshed.
- Reward yourself for sticking to your schedule and avoiding distractions. Whether it’s a small treat each day or a big reward after a few weeks of success, be sure to treat yourself for staying on track!